Having trouble using Cox Elite Gamer (CEG)? Here are a few common solutions for troubleshooting to try first.
- Open the command prompt. Access to the command prompt differs depending on which version you are using.
- Windows 8/10: press the Windows key + X and select “Command Prompt (Admin)”.
- Windows 7: Open the start menu and enter “cmd” into the search field. Right click on executable file "cmd.exe" and select “Run As Administrator”.
- A black box with a flashing cursor will open; this is the command prompt. Type “netsh winsock reset” and then hit then enter.
- Wait for the command prompt to run through the reset. When it completes, you will see the message “Winsock reset completed successfully”.
- Restart your computer to finish.
- Open the command prompt.
- Use the DNS flush command.
- Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter. A message will appear stating “Windows IP configuration successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache”.
- Exit the command prompt. Type "exit" and press Enter. This will close the command prompt.
Release and Renew your IP address
- Open the command prompt
- Type "ipconfig /release" in the command prompt window, press Enter, it will release the current IP configuration.
- Type "ipconfig /renew" in the command prompt window, press Enter, wait for a while, the DHCP server will assign a new IP address for your computer.
- Exit the command prompt. Type "exit" and press Enter, and then restart your computer.
If you receige an "Internet Connection Problem Detected" message that prevents you from logging into the CEG application, please try the following:
- Right-click the CEG icon in your Windows tray (lower right-hand corner of your screen, by the date/time clock).
- Click the "Exit" option.
- Run CEG again by double-clicking the CEG shortcut icon on your desktop.
- If the problem persists, make sure that you have an Internet connection by browsing to your favorite website in your web browser.
If you can access websites in your web browser, and you are still unable to log into the CEG application successfully, CEG may be experiencing temporary connectivity or technical issues.