To get the best connection, we highly recommend that you use "Auto select best connection route" for the network setting of Cox Elite Gamer (CEG) when you launch your game. That's it!
By doing this, CEG will optimize your game connection from end-to-end automatically. Under the hood, CEG uses an intelligent expert system that learns about connection history and games to automatically route traffic through our global network of servers.
The CEG expert system will continue to improve over time as it learns more about your games and network connection. We recommend auto-select for most users, as it helps the system to improve, which helps everyone using CEG!
Here are some tips to help you configure CEG for the best possible performance for your online game:
- Switch from Wifi to a wired Ethernet connection
- A Wifi connection can be interrupted by other signals
- Wifi bands typically have lower speeds than Ethernet bands
- Exclude CEG from anti-virus applications
- Anti-virus programs are programmed to find rogue services transferring data
- CEG may inadvertently be considered a rogue process and be blocked by your anti-virus
- Adding CEG onto your firewall exclusion list and anti-virus as a trusted program can also help eliminate these issues
- Close programs downloading or streaming music/video
- These programs take up huge amounts of bandwidth, which can interrupt your gameplay
- CEG is designed to accelerate only the game traffic from your computer, but extra traffic can still slow down your game, creating a poor overall connection
- Close and terminate any VPN software
- Using a VPN with CEG will likely produce negative results to your game connection
- Closing your VPN when you are gaming can help alleviate issues with unexpected lag caused by server changes from your VPN program
- Select a server manually only if necessary
- Learn more about manual server selection
- Pick a CEG server close to where you live,
- Pick a CEG server close to where your game server is.
- Chained Connection: Users have access to chained server connections. To activate, go to "Manage Settings" in CEG, and activate "Enable Chained Servers." We recommend setting up Server 1 close to where you live (Choose Best, or Sort by Ping), and Server 2 close to the game server.
- Different combinations of CEG servers will provide different results. Often a chained connection will give the best possible results for reducing ping, jitter, and spikes because you can control your connection from end-to-end.
- NOTE - often chained connections can require a lot of trial-and-error to configure properly. We recommend trying single server connections first before attempting chained connections. We also recommend trying "Auto-Select Best Connection Route" for chained connections, which will pick the best connection automatically and eliminate the trial & error of figuring this out.